The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) will accept 5 UBC students in Sisimiut for the spring 2016. Students with a background in either civil engineering or environmental engineering would be relevant for the Arctic Semester, but other academic backgrounds might work as well.
Please see a description of the semester here.
The contact person for the Arctic Semester is Associate Professor Hans Peter Christensen (email@example.com) who presently lives in Sisimiut.
You can furthermore find extensive course descriptions here:
- Course 11857 Extreme Climate & the Physical Nature
- Course 11858 The Arctic Infrastructure & Society
- Course 11859 Environmental Engineering in the Arctic
- Course 11853 Sustainable Building for Extreme Environments
- Course 11854 Infrastructure Constructions for the Arctic
The deadline for nominating UBC students is October 1 – UBC nominates by sending an email to exchange coordinator Bjørn Sparre Johansson (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will then guide students in their application process (they would need to fill out an application form aimed at the arctic semester).
UBC students are required pay only UBC tuition, however they are required to pay their own room and board, read more on the Artek website.