Thank you for your interest in joining my research group. I welcome motivated applicants that are enthusiastic about transportation engineering and planning, from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives. I aim to provide the highest quality graduate training within an inclusive, equitable, and supportive environment.
I am currently looking for MSc and PhD students for 2022. Successful applicants will 1) have a strong academic background in engineering (all fields, including operations research) and applied mathematics, 2) have excellent communications skills, with above minimum required TOEFL or IELTS scores if an international applicant, 3) be independent thinkers and problem solvers, 4) be responsible individuals who take pride in and ownership of their work, and 5) meet or exceed the minimum requirements for admission as set forth by the UBC Graduate School.
If you are interested in joining my group, please send me an email with subject line “Graduate Applicant 2022.” Your email should contain the following:
- A statement (200 words or less):
- Whether you are applying for the MSc or PhD program,
- Introducing yourself and your relevant qualifications,
- Explaining your research interests and why you would like to join my team, and
- Whether you have, or are eligible for, external funding (i.e., NSERC).
- A CV, including two references.
After reviewing preliminary applications, candidates will be contacted and encouraged to formally apply by Jan 31, 2022.