Once a year the Department of Civil Engineering welcomes visiting students from other universities or institutes. Visiting students must be registered at UBC as a Visiting International Research Student (VIRS). A Visiting International Research Student (VIRS) is an international student who is enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate, or graduate-equivalent program at another university, or is a participant in a UBC-recognized (through Go Global) “bridging” program between undergrad and graduate studies.
UBC Campus - Autumn
Photo Credit: Leiz Gagnon
Eligibility for Admissions
- A plan to conduct research only at UBC for one month or longer (maximum 12-months)
- Home supervisor approval of research activity at UBC
- Host UBC supervisor approval (UBC faculty member who has agreed to act as supervisor through research period at UBC)
- Prior approval of the home university or sponsoring program
- Prior approval of the UBC Department Head for the unit or laboratory with which the visiting research student will be affiliated.
For more information please visit: Go Global - Visiting International Research Student (VIRS)